Novice Training Program
This program is designed for someone who has learned how to properly execute the primary barbell exercises: Squat, Deadlift, Press, Bent Over Row. The assistance exercises will support these movements to train the body overall and help you develop a foundational level of strength.
Please refer to the document Lift Technique Reminders for a checklist of proper execution of the barbell exercises.
- As you first start strength training, I recommend getting a notebook to keep track of the workouts and weight you use to see progress and help decide what weights you can and should use for future workouts
- Perform body weight exercises (Push-ups, Pull-ups, Inverted Rows, etc) more frequently for faster improvements…with great form, of course!
- If your form starts to suffer, stop the set!
- Ssw/ = Superset with (alternate between 2 exercises)
- AMAP = As many as possible (quality reps!)